The Cheryl Stiefel-Francis Award for Nonprofit Excellence was established in 2019 in order to honor the outstanding work completed by the former Miami County Foundation Executive Director, Cheryl Stiefel-Francis, on behalf of the nonprofit organizations she served for many years prior to her passing in January 2018. Cheryl’s passion in life was to serve and this award recognizes non-profit organizations or individuals who have made exceptional contributions in the nonprofit community. The award is being presently annually at the Piqua Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner.
The individual or organization nominated for this award should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Recognized leadership with a reputation for excellence within the nonprofit community, as well as with the public at large.
- May not be an elected official.
- The individual or organization must serve the Piqua community and have a positive impact on its citizens.
- The mission/objective/goals of the organization reflect a community need.
- The individual or organization has a reputation for integrity in dealings with clients, volunteers, staff or other individual/groups.
- Presented to an individual or organization that exemplifies excellence and innovation in programs, projects, and partnerships.