The Cheryl Stiefel-Francis Award for Nonprofit Excellence was established in 2019 in order to honor the outstanding work completed by the former Miami County Foundation Executive Director, Cheryl Stiefel-Francis, on behalf of the nonprofit organizations she served for many years prior to her passing in January 2018. Cheryl’s passion in life was to serve and this award recognizes non-profit organizations or individuals who have made exceptional contributions in the nonprofit community. The award is being presently annually at the Piqua Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner.
The individual nominated for this award should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Recognized leadership with a reputation for excellence within the nonprofit community, as well as with the public at large.
- May not be an elected official.
- The individual must serve the Piqua community and have a positive impact on its citizens.
- The individual has a reputation for integrity in dealings with clients, volunteers, staff or other individual/groups.
- Presented to an individual that exemplifies excellence and innovation in programs, projects, and partnerships.
2018 Miami County Foundation Board of Directors
2019 Lorna Swisher
2020 Justin Coby