The Order of George Civic Achievement Award is Piqua’s highest and most prestigious community recognition award. It is presented annually by the Piqua Area Chamber of Commerce to honor an individual who exemplifies the best in volunteer and community service.
The Piqua Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the prestigious “Order of George” Award. The award is presented annually to a Piqua resident, who has been actively involved in volunteer and community service.
Do you know of a deserving co-worker, friend, relative or neighbor, who is always willing to go the extra mile in an effort to make our community a better place to live and work?
Applications are available at the Piqua Area Chamber of Commerce or online HERE. The deadline for accepting nomination applications is before 5 p.m., November 20, 2023..
Please contact Kathy Sherman at 773.2765 or email [email protected] should you have questions.
The criteria for selection are as follows:
- The nominee must be living in the greater Piqua area or spend a significant portion of his/her time in greater Piqua (i.e. volunteering, work, etc.)
- The nominee must have contributed extensively of their time and talents in promoting and enhancing the quality of life in the greater Piqua area.
- The nominee must have demonstrated extensive and diverse participation, leadership and support in public and/or private civic endeavors over a significant period of years.
- The nominee’s volunteer participation must be without regard to personal
- or professional gain.
- The nominee is a positive role model in the community and/or in his/her profession.
- There shall be no Chamber of Commerce membership requirements for the selection of a nominee.
- The selections are made without regard to race, color, creed, gender, age or national origin.